Sunday 1 March 2015

Easter Time with Lush: Blogger Event




Keep reading to find out how you can bag yourself a Lush freebie!!


Ahead of the release of their new Easter products,  Hull's branch of Lush invited down some lucky bloggers (yes, myself included - eek!) for a night of vibrant demonstrations, friendly consultations and a sneak peak at the upcoming products in use. It was also a night for me to be brave.

For those of you that know me, you'll know I'm not the best confidence-wise and hate to go anywhere where I don't know someone. Having never been to a blogger event before, I was ready to let my nerves convince me to chicken out of going. Fortunately, Alex @ Champagne and Lemonade gave me a pep-talk and ordered Kate @ Pieces of Kate to look after me. She did a splendid job of making me feel at ease, and so I must start with a huge huge thank you to both of these wonderful girls!

 
After being greeted by the fabulous, bubbly (no pun intended!) staff above, we got stuck straight in with a nosey around the store before starting the night in the Gorilla Perfume section of the shop. We were each given a cool comic book with wonderful little stories about each of the perfumes in the newest range. As we learnt the background and intent of each fragrance, the relevant pages of our book were sprayed with the corresponding perfume. All of which, by the way, were beautiful! I can still smell them on my comic book now. Have I been sat at home sniffing it every half hour since I got back you ask? No comment...


Next we headed over to this wonderful, bright, colourful shelf of fabulousness that is the Easter stock... ahhhh. I can honestly say I fell in love with this divine collection straight away. I think my favourite was the Golden Egg or the Carrot Soap. Or maybe Hoppity Poppity and Fluffy Egg. Or the Pot of Gold. Or Bunch of Carrots? Oh heck, I loved it all!

The gorgeous Lush girlies explained each product to us and showed us demonstrations to prove how magical they all were...


Carrot Soap - £3.95 - Buy it here!

This soap looks literally good enough to eat as it comes in the shape of a gigantic carrot. It smells good enough to eat too - a refreshing blend of coconut, carrot, bergamot, lemon and buchu. This fruity combination gives a wonderful tropical smell and I can't wait to use it in the shower. Through the middle of the soap runs the cute, white bunny who is a representative of the Against Animal Testing Bunny. This little bunny has lots of Fair Trade Organic Cocoa Butter in him, perfect for softening your skin!


Somewhere Over the Rainbow - £4.25 - Buy it here!

Somewhere Over the Rainbow is the biggest soap I've seen in my life, and I love it! It's a gorgeous, shimmery masterpiece that looks amazing displayed in store. It contains a delicious combination of neroli, rose, coconut and mandarin to give a fresh fruity scent which I adore. The glitter coating will leave your skin looking refreshed and shimmery.


Fluffy Egg Bath Bomb - £2.95 - Buy it here!

For those of you that are missing Snow Fairy after Christmas, this is the Easter product you need to get your hands on. It's an adorable little egg pretty little floral decoration and the glorious smell of candyfloss and bubblegum which is to die for. When dropped into the water, it fizzed beautifully and turned a pretty, inviting shade of pink. This wonderful bath bomb is definitely great for satiating anyone's sweet tooth this easter!


Bunch of Carrots Bubble Bar - £5.95 - Buy it here!

These pretty little carrots come in a bunch of three and have a similar scent to the carrot soap - a blend of bergamot, lemon and buchu. Each of these carrots in reusable which is perfect for someone who loves to get their moneys worth! You simply swish them around in your bath to create gorgeously soft bubbles. The staff demonstrated this to us, and let me tell you, they created some very bubbly bubbles.

Golden Egg - £3.75 - Buy it here!

Definitely one of favourite products of the Easter range. This beautiful little egg is fantastically glittery that you simply cannot walk past it without being tempted. This particular product is so unique as it's a bath bomb/bath melt hybrid. We watched this in action (for a long time, might I add! So long lasting!) and it turned the water gold and glittery - perfect for a princess if you ask me! It has a delightful smell which I fell in love with straight away, and has cocoa butter in it to really leave your skin feeling amazing.


Pot o' Gold - £3.50/£6.95 - Buy it here!

This really is exactly what it says on the packaging - a heavenly pot of gold. This pretty shower jelly contains fresh pineapple juice, myrrh resinoid, sweet orange oil and vanilla absolute which blend to give a delicious fruity scent.You simply break a piece of this off and rub it onto your skin to create a delicious lather which is washed off to leave your skin feeling soft and refreshed with a beautiful smell that will linger. Warning: I know this looks like a delectable plate of jelly, but I advise you don't eat it, no matter how tempted you no doubt are...


Hoppity Poppity Bath Bomb - £2.50 - Buy it here!

A new addition to the Easter collection this year, this cute little guy is a bath bomb with popping candy in him - perfect for making your bath time more exciting. It contains Violet Leaf Absolute and Lavender Absolute to give a beautiful fresh scent, and it leaves your bath water a pretty milky pink colour.


And if watching all the wonderful demonstrations of all of the heavenly products wasn't fun enough, we then were split into two groups so we could have a go at making our very own products together! The first was group was whisked away to make the Catastrophe Cosmetic face mask with yummy blueberries, calamine and chamomile, rose, and almond oils to soothe and soften the skin. I was part of the second group, and we made the gorgeous Angels On Bare Skin cleanser with chamomile and lavender oil, ground almonds and topped with lavender flowers. I was assigned the role of lavender sprinkler... Didn't I do a fabulous job?!

Each of us were given a lavish pot of both products to take home, and I really enjoyed being able to see how the glorious Lush products we love to use are made, and how only natural products are used to keep your skin in fabulous condition!


After being hyped up by the entertaining demonstrations and fun product-making, the staff let us loose in the shop! We were left to our own devices so we could do a bit of shopping and have some personal consultations. I was ever so good (and skint!) and so stuck to just treating myself to a long-time favourite: Bubblegum Lip Scrub. But that doesn't mean I didn't go home empty handed, oh no...

I left with bag full of Lush goodies making me a very very very happy girly! This was Lush Hull's first blogger event, and so it was a new experience for the both us. It was an amazing night - I overcame my nerves and the Lush girls did a truly brilliant job of making me feel at ease and letting me become as excited as a child in a sweet shop. Hopefully this will be the first blogger event of many - both for me and Lush Hull - and I would like to say a massive thank you to everyone involved.


But wait there! Don't you want some of this fabulous fun too?! Well then, next time you're shopping in Lush Hull just let them know that you've read my blog post and have to come to look at their incredible Easter range, and you'll get your very own free gift to take home too! How can you say no to that?!

Make sure to keep up to date with Lush Hull on their instagram here. Let me know what you think of the Easter range in the comments below! Which product is your favourite?

6 comments:

  1. The golden egg looks so cool! Can't wait to try some of these x

    Sharan | essehearts.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous! It sounds like you had a fantastic visit and thank you for sharing it with us. I was happy to find a LUSH shop in Valencia cor emergency Jungle conditioner purchases and spotted they had carrot soap. Not quick enough to recognise the Easter connection though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, I had a wonderful time, it was so much fun. :D The carrot soap smells so good, you should definitely try it out some time!

      Ashton xx

      Delete
  3. Great pictures! Such a lovely post - love the fluffy egg one! It’s pink and smells yummy too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Somewhere Over the Rainbow soap is crazy, I've never seen one so big! I've always wanted to go to a LUSH event so I'm pretty jealous, looks like you had a fantastic time x

    ReplyDelete